Suffering a heartbreak is the most devastating thing anyone has to go through. Losing someone whom you thought was your everything is not easy. It feels like living a nightmare when someone you love and cherish every moment spent with them, leaves you. You had dreamt of having a happily ever after with them. Instead, they left you high and dry in the middle of it all. You force yourself to multiple distractions but the thought of having them by your side just one more time breaks you again and again. You believe you can recover from the loss, but you still crave for their presence. You don’t see a future without that special person and it is very difficult to go about your normal life without thinking of them. Those special moments you spent together, those small surprises they used to give you and those sudden plans you two used to make, you just want them back. Reminiscing old conversations with tears in your eyes, you can only think of the happy times that you spent with them. You are certainly not ready for this set back.
There is a similar story that I have. My boyfriend also left me after a long term serious relationship. He was more than just a boyfriend to me. He was already my life partner, the man of my dreams. He was the one who made my life complete. I knew he was always going to be my support. I was used to leaning on him for everything. During all the ups and downs in my life, I used to see him as my shield and as my mentor. However, he was gone now. He had left me in the worst possible nightmare which I was waiting to end but it didn’t. it was real. Although I did recover, and so can you. Let’s take a look at how you can come out of this depressive mode.
Before everything else, you have to realize that you are not alone in this ship. There are millions of other women who are suffering a heartbreak just like you. So don’t worry, with time everything will be fine. Below are some tips that can help your heart cool down.
1. Don’t be in such a hurry. This bad time will pass at its own pace and rushing into it won’t make it any better. Give yourself a break and let time heal all wounds.
2. Don’t keep any feelings within yourself. Vent out to dear ones if you feel overwhelmed. If kept inside, emotions can cause harm.
3. Don’t hold yourself responsible. It’s a two way road and if you had some flaws, then so did your partner. They could have made things better but they didn’t too.
4. Keep away from all those things that remind you of them and the moments you spent with them.
5. Don’t keep grudges within yourself. Let the past go and don’t hold onto it. Pay attention to recovering yourself and not what they are doing.
6. Be positive. Try to smile more. Cherish the beautiful things in life.
7. Don’t lose hope in love. It is meant for you and it will definitely happen for you.